The Speed Metal Lightning GX-1 is more than just a specialist gravel racer. It’s a road bike you can cruise city streets fast and comfortably all day long. It’s your escape ticket, an adventure bike to take on the gnarliest of trails via the roads less travelled. And at the weekend, simply jump on, race it and win your local cyclo cross league.
And because we’ve developed the GX-1 with all of the signature DNA and fast geometries we’ve honed to perfection through the Lightning X and X-1 evolutions, you’re also in for a big surprise. This Lightning GX-1 may have big fat tyre clearance and powerful flat mount rotor stopping power, but secretly, it’s still an out and out road rocket that’s as hugely fun as it’s hugely fast as soon as you sweep back onto smooth tarmac.
Slot 700c road wheels in the GX-1 and you get up to 40mm of tyre clearance. If that’s not enough for the terrain you ride, simply swap out your road wheels for a pair of 650b / 27.5 inch MTB wheels, giving you upto 48mm of knobbly all-terrain all-condition grip.
With a 142 x 12mm thru axle rear and integrated Flat Mount disc caliper mount, the Lightning GX-1 is ready to fly wherever the road or trail invites you
Standard build options include:
- Custom fabricated precision cut tube lengths throughout - a frame designed to fit you mm perfectly with no compromise
- Super stiff where it’s required - super comfy everywhere else
- Stiff from steering axis, down tube, through BB and on to the rear axle - thanks to oversized and custom shaped tube set: delivering precise, predictable and stable handling with power on demand forward drive
- Comfort optimised from saddle to rear axle - two types of titanium alloys used for the rear triangle construction: one naturally more springy, the other more stiff
- Inset 44mm headtube for use with 1-1/4” and 1-1/2” taper forks
- In-board Flat Mount or ISO disc caliper, for up to 160mm rotors
- Mechanical, Di2, or eTap shifting
- Hydraulic or mechanical disc braking
- Internal or external cable / hose routing
- Integrated chain pip - no more dilly dangle chain snarl ups during rear wheel changes or wheel-off transportation
The Lightning GX-1 is available only as a fully custom built frame in the perfect size for you at £1995. Or you can choose your GX-1 as a frameset package, complete with the finest complimentary components from SPN Precision, Chris King, Enve, and Columbus.
Interested? Then it’s time to start a conversation with me. Get your GX-1 off the drawing board now and you could be riding - riding everywhere that is - in as little as 6 weeks from today.
Juicy! One of my favourites: the Chris King Inset 7 taper 1.5 inch headset in Mango Tango.
Shown above: we’re using the DT Swiss 142 x 12mm Quick and Secure Thru Axle, and Paragon Machine Works DR005 fully enclosed T/A dropouts, machined from solid 6-4 Titanium, with alloy replaceable rear mech hanger.